FBC represented Frutarom Industries Ltd. in its acquisition of Enzymotec Ltd. (NASD: ENZY), for approximately $210 million, at an equity value of approximately $290 million. Enzymotec is a leading global supplier of specialty lipid-based products and solutions.
Prior to the merger, Frutarom had acquired approximately 19% of Enzymotec’s shares and announced its intention to make a tender offer for Enzymotec shares. Following negotiations, the parties agreed upon a full merger between the companies, pursuant to which Frutarom would acquire the remaining balance (81%) of Enzymotec shares. The acquisition occurred through a reverse triangular merger, by the merger of Enzymotec and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Frutarom, with Enzymotec becoming a wholly-owned subsidiary of Frutarom and being delisted from NASDAQ.
Frutarom (LSE: FRUT, TASE: FRUT) is one of the world’s 10 largest companies in the field of flavors and natural specialty fine ingredients. Frutarom has significant production and development centers on all six continents and markets and sells over 70,000 products to more than 30,000 customers in over 160 countries.